Custom Kernel. Check
Overclock? Yeah, check.
The Motorola Moto G has been the developer’s favorite baby recently partially because of its such huge success and partly because of its amazing specs. And now thanks to the Xda’s one of premier developers faux123, Moto G users can overclock their devices upto 1.6Ghz which is an upgrade over the 1.2Ghz stock frequency. This works on the dual sim versions as well which is seen in emerging markets like India and Brazil. Apart from the OC feature also, the kernel is really really awesome. Faux123 explains and I quote “Hybrid kernel means the core although still has the 3.4.0 kernel label, it has incorporated many advanced features available only on Linux 3.8+ and beyond. I have backported many of those advanced features for Linux 3.4, hence the name hybrid!“. I persoanlly have used it as well and I have got to admit it made the device a bit snappier and also improved on battery life.”
So, lets get started and here are the instructions to flash Faux Kernel on your Moto G.
How to flash Faux Kernel on Moto G and overclock
Disclaimer : Do It At Your Own Risk! This installation process assumes that you have either PhilZ or CWM or TWRP Recovery flashed on your Moto G
- Download Faux Kernel for Moto G- (Non overclocked Kernel is represented by m and Overclocked ones by u)
- Now put the zip you downloaded into the root of your sd-card
- Now flash this Faux Kernel on your stock Moto G using clockwork mod recovery, Philz or TWRP. Follow these steps :
- Choose Install Zip From Sd Card option.
- Select Choose Zip From SD Card option.
- Now select the kernel downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the installation and wait till it is installed on you handset.
- Now select reboot system now.
- Wait for a while and the device should reboot.
- Enjoy the kernel and the overclocking