The Motorola Moto G has kind of captured the smartphone market by the scruff of its neck and it really should come as no surprise that it has become one of the few mid range phones to get official cyanogenmod support. The amazing part though is that the dual sim variant, namely, the XT1033 has also received it which is a rarity considering that dual sim phones generally do not get Custom ROM support as it is found difficult to get both SIMs working. But thanks to Xda Senior Member dhacker29‘s brilliance we now have an almost fully working CM11 unified build for the Moto G. All the major things work flawlessly on the CM11 builds including wifi, GSM, Data, Bluetooth, etc and also both the SIMs work on the dual SIM variant. There may be a few minor bugs here and there but yet the amazing features of the ROM fill up that void. And with the daily nightly builds at your disposal the updates just keep coming up regularly without any hassles. So, what are we waiting for then? Let’s get going and flash Cyanogenmod 11 on Moto G Dual XT1033, XT1032 and other versions as well.
How to install CM11 on Moto G (all versions)
This installation process assumes that you have either PhilZ or CWM or TWRP Recovery flashed on your Moto G
Disclaimer : Do It At Your Own Risk!
Download required files and updates from below :
- Download Latest Cyanogenmod 11 build for Moto G from here.
- Download gapps for Moto G from here
- Copy the downloaded files to the (Root directory of) your sd-card.
- Reboot your device to Custom Recovery
- [Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup or TWRP backup of your current ROM.
- Now from recovery main menu and select Wipe Data option.
- Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
- Go to Mounts And Storage and Format System.
- Now flash this android KitKat 4.4 based Cyanogenmod 11 rom using clockwork mod recovery, Philz or TWRP. Follow these steps :
- Choose Install Zip From Sd Card option.
- Select Choose Zip From SD Card option.
- Now select the rom downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the installation and wait till the rom is installed on you handset.
- Flash the gapps as well in the similar way.
- Now this is a very important step. I experienced bootloops without performing this step. Go to mounts and storage and format /data and /data/media. Note that this will format your sd card so do back it up before flashing.
- Reboot and unleash the power of your Moto G.