Content © TechGeekal . Amazingly Designed and Edited by Neel Lahiri
Cyanogenmod 11 (Kitkat Android 4.4) For Moto G
Yes, its finally here. Though the high on demand and feature packed Moto G has already received the official Kitkat 4.4 update yet Cyanogenmod 11 is a different deal altogether. If you are not aware of features of cyanogenmod and the advantages it possesses over the stock 4.4, Extra Smoothness, Theme Manager, Pre-rooted and containing Cyanogenmod apps such as DSP Manager and Apollo are some Plus points to name from among loads of features that it presents. You might want to google it out for detailed features. And thanks to xda senior member dhacker29‘s Awesome work, a fully stable and buttery smooth build of CM11 is now available for your Moto G. There is just one issue that has been mentioned by him that If gps is not working for you toggle it off in locations settings and back on again. He adds that It is an issue with google saying you did not have location enabled in a previous version on android and it’s not something that he can fix. Apart from that, its a real treat to use and is a must have if you have got yourself a Moto G. So, what are we waiting for? Here are the screenshots and flashing instructions to follow. How to install Cyanogenmod 11 on Moto G This installation process assumes that you have either PhilZ or CWM or TWRP Recovery flashed on your Moto G Disclaimer : Do It At Your Own Risk! Download required files and updates from below :
- Download Latest Cyanogenmod 11 Build for Moto G from here.
- Download gapps for Android 4.4 Kitkat Cyanogenmod 11 for Moto G from here
- Copy the downloaded files to the (Root directory of) your sd-card.
- Reboot your device to Custom Recovery
- [Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup or TWRP backup of your current ROM.
- Now from recovery main menu and select Wipe Data option.
- Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
- Go to Mounts And Storage and Format System.
- Now flash this android KitKat 4.4 based cm11 rom using clockwork mod recovery, Philz or TWRP. Follow these steps :
- Choose Install Zip From Sd Card option.
- Select Choose Zip From SD Card option.
- Now select the rom downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the installation and wait till the rom is installed on you handset.
- Wipe cache.
- Flash the gapps downloaded earlier in the similar way as step 7.Now this is a very important step. I experienced bootloops without performing this step. Go to mounts and storage and format /data and /data/media. Note that this will format your sd card so do back it up before flashing.
- Reboot and unleash the power of your Moto G.
Switch to our mobile site