Beta 4 is out and it really packs a stable punch. From Cyanogenmod 9 to 4.4 Kitkat Cyanogenmod 10, Htc Explorer a.k.a Pico has really developed in leaps and bounds. And again we have a build from galaxyfreak and its beta 4 time. Now the CM11 Kitkat has almost reached a stable stage and the beta 4 build just re emphasizes that fact. Thanks to the amazing work of Xda Recognized Developer galaxyfreak, his Cyanogenmod 11 builds now have all important things fixed such as Camera, ION, Video Recording, Wifi, etc. The ROM has no major issues and runs buttery smooth due to modifications such as ION and Art. Its beautiful 4.4 feel on your pico that is really pleasing to the eye. Bear in mind that Before using ART, you have to enable expanding memory in Settings -> Extras! So, what are you waiting for? Get going now and install the latest Cyanogenmod 11 beta 4 on your pico. Here are the screenshots, working and not working list, changelog and flashing instructions to follow.
- Receiving and making calls
- Camera (photos, camcorder & panorama)
- Audio playback
- Audio recording
- Video playback
- Stock browser
- WiFi tethering
- Bluetooth tethering
Changelog BETA 5-2-2014 via Original thread
- Fixed black screen issue in some games
- Fixed in-call sound distortion (robotic voice)
- Fixed Voice Search
- Fixed Sound Recorder
- Fixed random frezzes
- Fixed PIN lockscreen layout
- Fixed face detection FC
- Fixed SDext mounting
- Fixed USB tethering
- Added memtrack module (fixes memtrack logcat spam)
- Added S2W (with toggle)
- Added charging animation (with toggle)
- Added SDext memory increase toggle (int2ext)
- Switched to ION audio subsystem
- Added option to choose between electron beam and fade off screen off animation
- Kitkat themed Dialer
- Trebuchet is back!
How to install Cyanogenmod 11 Beta 4 on Htc Explorer/pico
Disclaimer : Do It At Your Own Risk!
Download required files and updates from below :
- Download Cyanogenmod 11 Beta 4 from here.
- Download gapps for Android 4.4 Kitkat Cyanogenmod 11 for pico from here
- Copy the downloaded files to the (Root directory of) your sd-card.
- Reboot your device to Custom Recovery
- [Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup or TWRP backup of your current ROM.
- Now from recovery main menu and select Wipe Data option.
- Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
- Now flash this android KitKat 4.4 based cm11 rom using clockwork mod recovery, Philz or TWRP. Follow these steps :
- Choose Install Zip From Sd Card option.
- Select Choose Zip From SD Card option.
- Now select the rom downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the installation and wait till the rom is installed on you handset.
- Wipe cache.
- Now again Reboot into recovery
- Flash the gapps downloaded earlier in the similar way as step 6.
- Reboot and enjoy the feel of latest CM11 on your lil pico.