The development for the Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 aka Jena has really accelerated in the recent past mainly due to the great work put forth by xda Recognized Developer TheWhisp who had made similar contributions to its predecessor, the galaxy mini. Now with the release of Beta 1 of Cyanogenmod 10.2 builds the development just seems to get better and better. Almost all bugs are fixed except the Camera and Camcorder ( use 3rd party apps for them). The ROM is real smooth and the 4.3 JB features are a real treat to use. So, why don’t you try it for yourself. Here are the screenshots, changelog and flashing instructions…
Changelogs from original thread
* Initial nightly build
13/10/2013 – beta 1
* Linux 3.0.99
* Android 4.3.1
* Fixed FM radio
* Fixed external storage (SD card) detection
* Added option to make external storage as primary (Settings > Storage)
* Includes device specific fixes that were added to CM-10.1 builds
Disclaimer : Do It At Your Own Risk!
We presume that this is NOT the first rom you are flashing on your mini 2 and you have clockworkmod recovery installed.So here it goes.
Download required files and updates from below :
- Cyanogenmod 10.2 Beta 1 by thewhisp from here
- Gapps from here
- Copy the downloaded files to the (Root directory of) your sd-card.
- Reboot your device to Custom Revovery (ClockworkMod recommended)
- [Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM.
- Now from recovery main menu and select Wipe Data option.
- Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
- Now flash this android JB 4.3 based cyanogenmod 10.2 rom using clockwork mod recovery. Follow these steps :
- Choose Install Zip From Sd Card option.
- Select Choose Zip From SD Card option.
- Now select the rom downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the installation and wait till the rom is installed on you handset.
- Now flash the gapps downloaded earlier in the same manner as step 6.
- Wipe cache.
- Then wipe dalvik cache.
- Reboot and enjoy!