Content © TechGeekal . Amazingly Designed and Edited by Neel Lahiri
Stock Android 4.3 For Nexus S a.k.a. Crespo
And Nexus S users have another feather to their cap. It really did not take long for Crespo to get the latest Android 4.3 for it courtesy of this release. Xda Senior Member Win7Fun has successfully built the stunning Stockl Jb 4.3 for crespo users and mark my words, it is real awesome. Almost all things are working, the major bug being the Camera Force closing sometimes but that shouldn’t keep you from having a go at android’s latest release. It is smooth and there are no lags at all. It has all the awaited features of Jellybean 4.3 and is a must use. So, let’s get going and flash this on our Nexus S. Here are the screenshots, working and not working list and the flashing instructions.
- RIL ( Call, SMS, MMS)
- Internal Storage
- EGL / Touch screen
How to install Stock Android 4.3 on Nexus S aka Crespo
Disclaimer : Do It At Your Own Risk!
Download required files and updates from below :
- Download Stock Android 4.3 for Nexus S from here.
- Download gapps for Android 4.3 from here
- Copy the downloaded files to the (Root directory of) your sd-card.
- Reboot your device to Custom Recovery
- [Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup or TWRP backup of your current ROM.
- Now from recovery main menu and select Wipe Data option.
- Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
- Now flash this android JB 4.3 based rom using clockwork mod recovery or TWRP. Follow these steps :
- Choose Install Zip From Sd Card option.
- Select Choose Zip From SD Card option.
- Now select the rom downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the installation and wait till the rom is installed on you handset.
- Now flash the gapps provided earlier in the same manner.
- Then wipe dalvik cache.
- Reboot and enjoy!
Switch to our mobile site