This is what we all had been waiting for, isn’t it? Android 4.3 in finally here and the better part of the news is that Cyanogenmod 10.2 is now out for Nexus 4 Mako users. Thanks to the brilliant work of Xda Recognized Contributor shubhamchamaria the nexus 4 can now be powered with the latest android 4.3. The bugs are indeed very minor with only the DSP manager not working along with a few small stability issues. The ROM is a treat to use. It gives you both the style and unmatched speed on Android 4.3 at the palm of your hands. So, what are you waiting for? Get going and flash this now on your NExus 4. Here are the screenshots, changelogs and flashing instructions.
Changelog from the original thread
- Fix wake up delay
- Charging behaviour- Check Settings>DisplayLatest CM sync
- Font size in display
- Brightness control in display
- Focal minor fixes
- Latest cm sync
- Added Brightness tile to Quick Settings
- Auto-backup Gapps
- Power button to click photos in Focal
- Added overlay to focal
- Show APM with slide lockscreen(merged into cm)
How to install Cyanogenmod 10.2 on Google Nexus 4 aka Mako
Disclaimer : Do It At Your Own Risk!
Download required files and updates from below :
- Download Cyanogenmod 10.2 from here.
- Download gapps for Android 4.3 Cyanogenmod 10.2 from here
- Copy the downloaded files to the (Root directory of) your sd-card.
- Reboot your device to Custom Recovery
- [Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup or TWRP backup of your current ROM.
- Now from recovery main menu and select Wipe Data option.
- Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
- Now flash this android JB 4.3 based cm10.2 rom using clockwork mod recovery or TWRP. Follow these steps :
- Choose Install Zip From Sd Card option.
- Select Choose Zip From SD Card option.
- Now select the rom downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the installation and wait till the rom is installed on you handset.
- Wipe cache.
- Then wipe dalvik cache.
- Reboot and enjoy!
Note:How to Enable Root in cyanogenmod 10.2
1. Enable developer option by pressing build number 7 times in settings>about.
2. Enable usb debugging and set root access to adb + apps in developer settings.
3. Root should now work.