Content © TechGeekal . Amazingly Designed and Edited by Neel Lahiri
CyanogenMod 10.1 Beta 1 For Htc Explorer/Pico
Its been a long wait but it has really been worth it. Xda Senior Member galaxyfreak has released beta 1 of cyanogenmod 10.1 for Pico users and this one has many bug fixes indeed. First and foremost video recording has been fixed along with the video decoding in gallery. Furthermore wifi hotspot is fixed and this beta 1 sports a 3.0.83 kernel. All these make it a treat to use. So if you are looking for speed and stability then go for this ASAP. Here are the changelogs and flashing instructions.
- Fixed Video recording
- (IMPORTANT: after you are done recording, switch back to photo mode then exit, otherwise, gallery will freeze)
- Fixed Video decoding (gallery playback)
- Fixed WiFi hotspot
- Fixed kmsg permission denied in ADB
- Kernel 3.0.83
- CM upstream changes
- Bluetooth is still buggy :/ force stop bluetooth in settings to turn it on
How to install Cyanogenmod 10.1 beta 1 on Htc Explorer/pico
Disclaimer : Do It At Your Own Risk!
Download required files and updates from below :
- Download Cyanogenmod 10.1 beta 1 from here.
- Get Gapps from here
- Copy the downloaded files to the (Root directory of) your sd-card.
- Reboot your device to Custom Recovery
- [Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup or TWRP backup of your current ROM.
- Now from recovery main menu and select Wipe Data option.
- Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
- Now flash this android JB 4.2.2 based cm10.1 rom using clockwork mod recovery or TWRP. Follow these steps :
- Choose Install Zip From Sd Card option.
- Select Choose Zip From SD Card option.
- Now select the rom downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the installation and wait till the rom is installed on you handset.
- Now wipe data again
- Wipe cache.
- Then wipe dalvik cache.
- Reboot and enjoy!
Switch to our mobile site