Content © TechGeekal . Amazingly Designed and Edited by Neel Lahiri
Xperia Z Rom For Xperia E And Xperia E Dual using ZFusion Mod
Its exciting times for Xperia E and E dual users as new custom roms are coming up for it very quickly indeed. Thanks to Xda Senior Member Rishabh.Raj37, there is now a brand new Xperia Z styled mod for Xperia E as well Xperia E dual users. This is completely Xperia Z themed, right from the Launcher to the Clock, it provides you with Xperia Z features. But remember you need to have your bootloader unlocked in order to use this. So, if you have’nt done that already, you can unlock your bootloader from here . As for the working and not working list, it depends on your Cyanogenmod 10 and the good news that cyanogenmod 10 has almost all major things working on both Xperia E and E dual(Check the end of the post for more info on E dual). So, what are you waiting for? Here are the screenshots, features and the all important flashing instructions.
Whats in this?
- Xperia Z Launcher with auto-rotation
- Xperia Z Wallpapers
- Xperia Z Weather Widget
- Xperia Z Clock widget bundle
- Xperia Z notes app widgets
- Xperia Z fonts
- Xperia Z TackID music app
- Xperia Z quick/on-off toggle widgets
- Xperia Z Full icon set
- Xperia Z notes app
- Xperia JB Keyboard
- Xperia Z default wallpaper
- Xperia Z Settings
- Full Xperia Z Icon Pack
- Timescape App alongwith its widget
- Xperia Z Lockscreen
- Photo/Video Widget
- Xperia Calculator
- Xperia Calendar
- Recent calls Widget
- Xperia Z SystemUI
- Xperia Z bootanimation
- Added tweaks
- Walkman Music Player
- Many More widgets
- And many more things…
- Remember to make a backup of your current rom by first flashing cwm.
- For Xperia E dual users only, if you don’t have stock JB installed (11.3.A.2.1), you need to flash that first because this ROM only works with the baseband firmware that gets flashed with the stock JB ROM. GSM will be unavailable if you’re coming from ICS.
- First of all, Download the Cyanogenmod 10
1.For Xperia E get Cyanogenmod 10 FXP 224 (latest as of now) from here. The device codename is nanhu
2.For Xperia E dual get Cyanogenmod 10 from here
- power off the phone:
- hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
- Open cmd in the folder where you have pasted boot.img and type ” fastboot flash boot boot.img“(from cm10 zip)
- Type fastboot reboot
- enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3”, during this period press vol+
- flash rom zip
- flash gapps zip
- wipe and reboot
- Remember that if you don’t flash the ROM and only install cwm then your phone will not boot at all and will come only to recovery. If this happens restore the backup made earlier
- Now its time to install Xperia Z stuff.Download the Z Fusion Mod from here
- Reboot to recovery
- Now choose install zip from sdcard and select the Zfusion mod downloaded earlier.
- Reboot and you are done. Enjoy Xperia Z
However if you are doing this on Xperia E dual, you should keep the following things in mind.
Enable/disable SIM cards in Settings / Multi-SIM.
Only one SIM card can have 3G enabled, but it’s not toggled automatically. To enable 3G on one SIM you have to make sure the other one is set to 2G-only mode first.
Some of the dual-SIM features in Sony’s ROM, such as auto-toggling SIM cards based on time, different ringtones, or data usage tracking aren’t included.
SMS are currently always sent from whatever subscription is set as the SMS send subscription. This includes sending an SMS reply from the “incoming call” screen or the “missed call” notification.
Note that battery life is shorter when two SIM cards are enabled. The reason for this is that the modem has to keep switching between two networks to remain registered and be able to receive network events, causing higher power consumption, higher latency, and lower throughput. This also causes the data connection to become slower when two SIMs are enabled. This isn’t something that can be “fixed” because it’s not software-related. Having only one SIM card enabled will improve battery life and data connection speed.
Switch to our mobile site