Well we have seen cyanogenmod, AOKP, MIUI and Paranoid Android. But are these enough? No, is the answer for pico users. Xda’s Recognized Developer cute_prince has done an exceptional job by releasing Firefox OS B2G for pico users. This is not android, it’s something else. It is the first release for now and therefore has some major bugs such as sim card not being detected, no keys working except the home button, etc but these will surely be fixed sooner or later. Firefox OS B2G is really an out of the box ROM and you will surely enjoy using it. So, what are you waiting for? Here are the screenshots, bugs and the flashing instructions.
Bugs/ Not working via the original thread
- SIM card not detecting
- USB Mass Storage
- Video Recording
How to install Firefox OS B2G ( Boot2Gecko) on Htc Explorer/pico
Disclaimer : Do It At Your Own Risk!
Download required files and updates from below :
- Download Firefox OS B2G from here.
- Copy the downloaded files to the (Root directory of) your sd-card.
- Reboot your device to Custom Recovery
- [Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM.
- Now from recovery main menu and select Wipe Data option.
- Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
- Now flash this B2G using clockwork mod recovery. Follow these steps :
- Choose Install Zip From Sd Card option.
- Select Choose Zip From SD Card option.
- Now select the rom downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the installation and wait till the rom is installed on you handset.
- Wipe cache.
- Then wipe dalvik cache.
- Reboot and enjoy the brand new taste of firefox OS on your wonderful pico!