Yes, we have got it. Xperia Z originally packed with a stunning 1.5Ghz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ S4 Pro processor, is all set to be overclocked and overclocked intensely as well upto 2GHz.Xda Recognized Developer DooMLoRD has done it again by making this amazing feat happen.And the best part of it all, he has done it without a device.So, there must be many questions wandering in your head and here go the answers one by one as the screenshot, features and the instructions follow…
First of all, you might be thinking, Why overclock?
1.It increases the speed of your device a fair bit
2.You feel things to be a lot more smoother even when you do heavy multitasking.
3.And the most important reason-Because you can!
Features via the original thread
- Standard CWM Recovery 22.214.171.124 (which recognizes internal sdcard)
- DooMKernel bootlogo
- CPU overclock upto 1944Mhz! (almost 2GHz!!!)
- Kernel patch to restrict CPU bootup at 384Mhz to 1458Mhz
- ramdisk tweaks
- kernel is insecure (ro.secure=0)
- adb server is persistent
- usb debugging enabled
- rootfs and /system mounted as rw
How to flash DoomKernel on Xperia Z (C6603/C6602)
Disclaimer : Do It At Your Own Risk!
- Download the kernel image (boot.img) from here
- Save the boot.img downloaded earlier to the folder containing fastboot binary
- Now, flash the boot.img using fastboot
- Open cmd in the folder where you have pasted boot.img and type ” fastboot flash boot boot.img“.
- Reboot from fastboot by typing “fastboot reboot”.
- Wait for a few minutes and the device should reboot.
- Enjoy the kernel and the overclocking 🙂
A few tips and “do not’s” for overclocking
- Start SetCPU/NoFrills CPU Control app on your Xperia Z (or any other app which supports overclocking) and allow root.
- Now slowly increase the MAX slider to the right (one notch at a time) to increase the maximum frequency limit
- Do not move to the last possible frequency or the maximum frequency at once
- Gradually keep increasing the frequency one notch at a time and do stability testing for few hours.