First cyanogenmod, then MIUI JB and now AOKP!The ROMs for this series of Xperia Devices of Tipo, Miro, Tipo dual and J are really coming thick and fast!XDA Senior member championswimmer who has had an amazing history of doing exceptional work with Xperias in particular has done it again by releasing AOKP JB in such a short time.Its beautiful, fast and almost completely bug free as the only bug is of com.android.phone (Phone.apk) crashing if there is no SIM card or no signal.So, what are you waiting for?Get going and flash this on your Xperia now!Here are the flashing instructions…
How to install AOKP JB on Xperia Tipo And Xperia J
Disclaimer : Do It At Your Own Risk!
If you are flashing a ROM for the first time, that is, you are on stock rom currently follow these steps-
- Remember to make a backup of your current rom by first flashing cwm from here
- Unlock your bootloader from here
- Download the ROM from here
- power off the phone:
- hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
- Open cmd in the folder where you have pasted boot.img and type ” fastboot flash boot boot.img “(from AOKP JB zip)
- Type fastboot reboot
- enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3”, during this period press vol+
- flash rom zip
- flash gapps zip from here
- wipe and reboot
- Remember that if you don’t flash the ROM and only install cwm then your phone will not boot at all and will come only to recvery.If this happens restore the backup made earlier
If you are not flashing a ROM for the first time, that is, you are on CM 10 or miui or some other Custom ROM follow these steps-
- Download required files from below :
- Copy the downloaded files to the (Root directory of) your sd-card.
- [Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM.
- Now from recovery main menu and select Wipe Data option.
- Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
- Go into mounts/storage and format system.
- Now flash this android jellybean based AOKP rom using clockwork mod recovery. Follow these steps :
- Choose Install Zip From Sd Card option.
- Select Choose Zip From SD Card option.
- Now select the rom downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the installation and wait till the rom is installed on you handset.
- Flash Gapps downloaded earlier in the same manner
- Now wipe data again
- Then wipe dalvik cache.
- Reboot and don’t worry as it will take some time for first boot.
- Reboot again after first boot.Enjoy!