Recoveries-Those entities that are just too important for today’s phones, especially android based ones.Recoveries allow you to do innumerable things.Be it making a backup, restoring it, wiping data, wiping cache or even wiping battery stats!!!And most importantly for flashing zips and roms.Xperia 2012 models, namely, Xperia J, Tipo, Tipo dual and Xperia Miro have got themselves both the famous recoveries in Clockworkmod and TWRP for themselves thanks to the work of xda senior member srl3gx.The recoveries are very easy to install and work on phones with both locked or unlocked bootloader.One of the most important use I see of these is to make a backup of your stock rom because when you install a rom such as cyanogenmod 10, your data gets erased and it is this backup that you have got to restore.Both CWM and TWRP basically do the same functions but TWRP is considered to be a more modern one as it has touch based UI as compared to the button controlled UI of CWM.TWRP also has themes support, lets you name your backups and looks better than CWM.But CWM is that old but gold thing that lets you install all zips and roms and mods as they are basically made for clockworkmod only.So, why be in doubt?Check out both of them one by one.And yes you can’t use both at a time so make your choice!Here are the installing instructions.
How to install and enter into Clockworkmod Recovery and TWRP on Xperia tipo, miro, tipo dual and J.
Installation via Original thread
Download the files-
- For Tipo and tipo dual users-cwm_tipo_v6.zip for cwm.For TWRP-TWRP_tipo.zip
- For Miro users-cwm_miro_v6.zip for CWM.For TWRP-TWRP_j.zip
- For Xperia J users-cwm_j_v6.1.zip for CWM.For TWRP-TWRP_miro.zip
- Unzip It using winrar or 7zip.
- Connect you phone in usb debugging mode to pc
- Windows users double click on install.bat.
- Linux users use terminal to run install.sh.
How to use
- Power off (for firmware version less than 11.0.A.4.22 will need to connect charger. Others need not connect charger )
- Power on. When you see the sony logo press vol – button repeatedly.
- Now you should be in cwm recovery or TWRP.(whichever’s install.bat you used)