Yes it’s finally here!The latest version of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean is finally here on Galaxy gio and that too on Cyanogenmod 10.1!Can it get any better?Most of the bugs are now fixed with the RC 1, RC 2, RC3 and RC4builds and only a minor bug of deep sleep not functioning when Bluetooth is activated remains.It is a truly amazing ROM that provides both the looks and the speed with all major bugs fixed.Xda senior member OldDroid has done an amazing work on this ROM.So, here are the changelogs and the flashing instructions.
Changelog(last 4) from the original thread
20130115* Kernel linaro optimized * Added SpareParts * New Audio Drivers (Thanks psyke83) * Fixed charging animation issue * Fixed headphone bug * Smooth as gb * Improved Browser Code * Re-Added the GalaxyGioParts * updated GApps * Added new cool performance Options * Fixed Camera completely * Improved GPS loc fix *Added all binaries for missing System Parts * Ofcourse last and clean CM10.1 Source
20130111* Removed GMail * Removed Music App * Added DSP-Manager & corresponding libs * Reverted Parts and Audio Mods * Fixed Panorama * Improved Smoothness and Stability * Improved CameraHAL * Improved App Open-Close Performance * Added Apollo * Added EMail App * Added Exchange Option * GPS now built from Source, should work * Updated Sources * Changed Kernel Source * Added HTMLViewer
20130106* Updated GApps * Added Galaxy Gio Parts * Added Features * New Audio Drivers * Many new Options * Fixed Camcorder * Made heavy Kernel changes * Improved App Open-Close Performance
* Updated GApps * Fixed NetworkLocation * Partially Fixed Camera * Fixed Video Encoders * Changed Kernel Source to Wayland_ACE one´s * Added multiple Decoders/Encoders * Fixed WiFi Signal State * Fixed WiFi Tethering * Added SetupWizard * Enabled Dithering as default * Disabled purging of assets * Fixed the Strange Graphic Glitches while playing Video and Video Controls (Play, ...) * Added LiveWallpaperPicker.apk (For LiveWallpapers) * Added FileManagerThemes.apk * Added GMail * Fixed random Lockscreen Widget Layouts * Disabled MultiUser-Mode * Fixed Charging Animation * Fixed Ringtone Repeating while Call incomming
How to install Cyanogenmod 10.1 on Galaxy gio
Disclaimer : Do It At Your Own Risk!
- Download required files and updates from below :
- Unofficial Cyanogenmod 10.1 from here.
- Copy the downloaded files to the (Root directory of) your sd-card.
- Reboot your device to Custom Revovery (Press Home + Power Button).
- [Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM.
- Now from recovery main menu and select Wipe Data option.
- Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
- Now flash this android 4.2.1 jellybean based cyanogenmod 10.1 rom using clockwork mod recovery. Follow these steps :
- Now wipe data again
- Wipe cache.
- Then wipe dalvik cache.
- Take out Battery after first boot and then insert it in again
- Boot phone and enjoy!