Windows 8 has now been in the market since quite a bit of time and slowly but steadily the apps available exclusively for it are increasing in quantity and also in quality.Well, to be honest I was kind of getting bored with Windows 8 recently but it got a new lease of life when i went through the app store and installed these amazing apps.You have really got to install these in order to get the most out of your windows 8 and the best part of it, all of them are free.So, here we go with the list of the top 5 apps for Windows 8…
Say good bye to the old classic calculator of windows.This is not just another calculator.It blends into the fluid and beautiful modern UI of windows 8 beautifully and it’s not only about style but also about the numerous functions it offers as well.Be it converting currencies or even over 50 scientific functions, this is the calculator for you in windows 8.It is called The smart calculator for Windows which Includes 5 unique calculators: Basic, Scientific, Programmer, Currency Converter and Unit Converter.
It has also got a hell of a lot of features which are enlisted below.
- Fully featured, free app with an in-app purchase option to remove the adverts
- Keyboard support + Live Tiles
- Over 50 scientific functions
- 125 mathematical and physical constants
- Statistical functions for memory values
- Over 150 World currencies
- Over 200 units for conversions across 17 categories
- Calculation history
- Customisable tax buttons
- Customisable button layout for the scientific functions (right-click or tap and hold to move)
- Auto, Fixed point, Scientific, and Engineering display formats with choice of digit grouping
- Enable or disable operator precedence
- Copy/paste + Undo function
- 64, 32, 16 and 8 bit word lengths for the Programmer Calculator, including signed or unsigned integers
Code Writer is perfect for editing any text-based file, doing code reviews, or giving presentations with code samples.The core text editor screen allows you to edit documents in full-screen mode without chrome distractions. Only the scrollbars and line/column display are visible by default. Find/replace and advanced features like tabify lines and convert case are available.Easily create new or open existing documents from any accessible source. Color is used pervasively throughout the app to create a bond between you and the various file types you work with.
Configure the editor theme and other options such as font size to mold your ideal editing environment. Learn about every product feature with the included detailed documentation.
- Google Searchbox – Type your search right from the app home screen, so you can find the answers you need more quickly.
- Voice Search – Use your microphone to ask Google anything and see the answer instantly.
- Image Search – Watch images load into a beautiful full-screen grid. Select images you like or swipe through to see more results.
- Search Charm – By installing the Google Search app, you can easily access Google from the Search Charm.
- Instant Previews mode – Browse search results without having to visit each page.
- View Your Searches – Swipe from the top to see the sites you visited most recently, categorized by keyword.
- Google Apps page – Access all your favorite Google products from within the app with just the tap of an icon.
- Google Instant – No need to press Enter – see results instantly as you type.
Toolbox allows you to run more than one instance of any of these tools within the same workspace. This allows you to view multiple web pages at the same time, monitor the weather in two different cities, or even view the time in six different locations at once.
With the Toolset feature, you can save your favorite layouts and customizations to be recalled quickly and easily whenever you need them. You can even pin them to your Start Screen!
When Toolbox is in Snap View, you have access to all of your Tools to help compliment your primary application you’re working in. This makes it easy to stay productive with having the correct tools always at your fingertips.
- Web Browser
- Unit Converter
- Voice Notes
- World Clock