Windows 8 has now been in the market since quite a bit of time and slowly but steadily the apps available exclusively for it are increasing in quantity and also in quality.Well, to be honest I was kind of getting bored with Windows 8 recently but it got a new lease of life when i went through the app store and installed these amazing apps.You have really got to install these in order to get the most out of your windows 8 and the best part of it, all of them are free.So, here we go with the list of the top 5 apps for Windows 8…
Say good bye to the old classic calculator of windows.This is not just another calculator.It blends into the fluid and beautiful modern UI of windows 8 beautifully and it’s not only about style but also about the numerous functions it offers as well.Be it converting currencies or even over 50 scientific functions, this is the calculator for you in windows 8.It is called The smart calculator for Windows which Includes 5 unique calculators: Basic, Scientific, Programmer, Currency Converter and Unit Converter.
It has also got a hell of a lot of features which are enlisted below.
Features (from the description in the app store)
- Fully featured, free app with an in-app purchase option to remove the adverts
- Keyboard support + Live Tiles
- Over 50 scientific functions
- 125 mathematical and physical constants
- Statistical functions for memory values
- Over 150 World currencies
- Over 200 units for conversions across 17 categories
- Calculation history
- Customisable tax buttons
- Customisable button layout for the scientific functions (right-click or tap and hold to move)
- Auto, Fixed point, Scientific, and Engineering display formats with choice of digit grouping
- Enable or disable operator precedence
- Copy/paste + Undo function
- 64, 32, 16 and 8 bit word lengths for the Programmer Calculator, including signed or unsigned integers
Have you ever thought of any alternative if you are not getting anywhere with googling(which rarely happens).So, this is the app for you.It brings to you all the known search engines in just one click.It has an impressive UI and moreover you get to choose the search engine that is going to carry out the search for you.It provides a number of website through which you can search contents such as picasa, IMDB, flickr, wikipedia, CNN, etc.Using this is app is breezy.It is very very simple indeed.All you need to do is Enter the query you want to search in “Search Query” box and then click on the search engine icon from which you want to search and its done.Here are its features and all the websites that you can search across with this wonderful app.
If you are a coder or a rather a serious coder then there maybe few reasons for you to not to switch over to windows 8 as a few thing do not work but this is surely one that will bring you to windows 8.This is a free text and code editor app with active syntax highlighting that offers several features.It is built keeping in mind the beauty and fluidity of windows 8 which this app offers as well.I just can’t remember the last time I saw such a beautiful app for coding!It’s like they say beauty with brains.Here’s what the developers say about it.
Code Writer is perfect for editing any text-based file, doing code reviews, or giving presentations with code samples.The core text editor screen allows you to edit documents in full-screen mode without chrome distractions. Only the scrollbars and line/column display are visible by default. Find/replace and advanced features like tabify lines and convert case are available.Easily create new or open existing documents from any accessible source. Color is used pervasively throughout the app to create a bond between you and the various file types you work with.
Configure the editor theme and other options such as font size to mold your ideal editing environment. Learn about every product feature with the included detailed documentation.
So what are you waiting for switch over to windows 8 and get coding, in style!!!
Google, Google where are you?Is this what you are asking while using windows 8 or rather using bing?Then this will answer all your questions.Google has just turned it on with this amazing yet simple app of theirs.It allows you instant search and has integrated voice search features that really make it a treat to use.Moreover, you can use all google features from it and it can also be used for other purposes as a browser.The animations are truly wonderful and you feel the beauty of it while searching.Here are its features right from the store’s details.
- Google Searchbox – Type your search right from the app home screen, so you can find the answers you need more quickly.
- Voice Search - Use your microphone to ask Google anything and see the answer instantly.
- Image Search – Watch images load into a beautiful full-screen grid. Select images you like or swipe through to see more results.
- Search Charm – By installing the Google Search app, you can easily access Google from the Search Charm.
- Instant Previews mode – Browse search results without having to visit each page.
- View Your Searches – Swipe from the top to see the sites you visited most recently, categorized by keyword.
- Google Apps page – Access all your favorite Google products from within the app with just the tap of an icon.
- Google Instant – No need to press Enter – see results instantly as you type.
So, #1 on our list is toolbox.Toolbox is that multi purpose app you are looking for.It is like that big app which has all the essentials you need like a web browser, doodle, stopwatch, weather and even facebook integration and that too with style.Here’s what the developers say about it.
Toolbox allows you to run more than one instance of any of these tools within the same workspace. This allows you to view multiple web pages at the same time, monitor the weather in two different cities, or even view the time in six different locations at once.
With the Toolset feature, you can save your favorite layouts and customizations to be recalled quickly and easily whenever you need them. You can even pin them to your Start Screen!
When Toolbox is in Snap View, you have access to all of your Tools to help compliment your primary application you’re working in. This makes it easy to stay productive with having the correct tools always at your fingertips.
Currently it has about ten included tools which is surely going to increase as time progresses.Here they are-
- Web Browser
- Unit Converter
- Voice Notes
- World Clock
Hope you liked our top 5 list.But there are other thousands of apps waiting for you in the app store.Go check them out too and don’t hesitate to suggest us if you find something better.