The wait is finally over!Yes, Cyanogenmod 9 is here for mini 2 users.I am sure you would have been waiting for this especially if you would have seen the tremendous development work that has been going for its predecessor the galaxy mini.It is made by xda senior member TheWhisp who after developing both Cyanogenmod 9 and 10 for galaxy mini has now moved on to galaxy mini two.The rom is truly awesome with many things working in such a little time but still a few important things do not work which right now prevents it from being a daily driver.But its development is going in leaps and bounds so its sure to get better as time progresses.So, here are the screenshots, the what’s working list and flashing instructions…
What’s working from the original thread
* Full GPU acceleration
* RIL (calls/sms)
* Touch keys
* Mounting of internal/external storage
* Keypad lights
* Brightness control (little bug, when device is booting, there is no lights at all)
* Deep sleep (untested, but should work)
What’s not working:
* USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth tethering
* Probably a lot more things.
Disclaimer : Do It At Your Own Risk!
We presume that this is NOT the first rom you are flashing on your mini 2 and you have clockworkmod recovery installed.So here it goes.
Download required files and updates from below :
- the ROM from here
- Copy the downloaded files to the (Root directory of) your sd-card.
- Reboot your device to Custom Revovery (power + home + volume up + volume down).
- [Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM.
- Now from recovery main menu and select Wipe Data option.
- Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
- Now flash this android ICS based cyanogenmod9 rom using clockwork mod recovery. Follow these steps :
- Now wipe data again
- Wipe cache.
- Then wipe dalvik cache.
- Reboot and enjoy!