Content © TechGeekal . Amazingly Designed and Edited by Neel Lahiri
IceColdJelly 3.4.1 unofficial AOKP (4.1.2) for HTC OneX/endeavoru
First there was Cyanogenmod 9, then Cyanogenmod 10 and now this, AOKP on the 4.1.2 ICS.The development in the HTC OneX is going on like no other.The builds are coming up like anything and this one is indeed special.It’s quite often that we hear that AOKP is generally faster and smoother than cyanogenmod and the OneX users now have a chance to taste it.It’s based on latest 4.1.2and has just a few things not working.you can change the DPI values as well and you get the famous ROM Control option due the AOKP ROM which provides a hell of a lot of features.So, here are the screenshots, features, changelog and the flashing instructions..
What’s Broken via the original thread
- WiFi direct doesn’t work
- In call volume adjustment works, but not fully well in Speaker mode
- MHL output is rotated incorrectly to portrait in horizontal mode (but workaround added since alpha 8 for hw decoded videos/youtube. Use bsplayer from playstore, almost all videos play with it in correct rotation in hwoverlay)
- No FM radio app in ROM. But Spirit FM works from market (it’s commercial!)
- Reverted SoftKeys to old way
- Updated CMFileManager, Mms app…
- No Need to flash boot.img for this version HAHAHAHA
- NavRing: Long press actions – AOKP
- Rebased Mms auto-retrieval – CM
- Circle Lockscreen fixes – AOKP
- Bug tracking with n3o – SUCCESS
- Fixed some GPS apps and PDF reader crashing (hopefully)
- Removed HW keys customization and Longpress action in lockscreen
- RC: Customizable SoftKeys – AOKP (Expect bugs until AOKP fixes them)
- RC: Menu UI Overflow Toggle – AOKP
- Updated Cog Circle Mod Battery – AOKP
- RC: Add alpha settings to Circles lockscreen rings – AOKP
- Bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile) Upstream Changes – CM
- Fix the issue Browser freeze when dragging the page and rotate the phone at the same times – AOSP
- Updates and fixes for: FWB, Mms, Bluetooth, Phone, Camera, DeskClock – CM and AOSP
- Updated CMFileManager to v1.0.1
- Added option to select single song for alarm sound (after flashing, this will erase all your alarm database) – ported from CM
- Prebuilts: Update NovaLauncher 1.3.3 && SuperSU 0.98
- And a lof of small patches/fixes in the source
- For best experience use only GAPPS from first post!!
- This will probably be the last rom based on 4.1.2 unless there are some immediate fixes needed – be patient for android 4.2 release please
- Also I know there are some bugs (for some very annoying), but it’s better than nothing and I hope that 4.2 kernel source and HTC proprietary files will play better for us all
How to flash:
- Download the gapps (Google applications – 20121011).
- turn OFF your phone
- boot in bootloader
- select fastboot mod
- flash boot.img via fastboot that is located in the rom.zip: fastboot flash boot boot.img
- run this command now: fastboot erase cache
- go back to hboot screen
[Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM.
- Now from recovery main menu and select Wipe Data option.Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
Now flash this android 4.1.2 ICS based AOKP rom using clockwork mod recovery. Follow these steps :
- Choose Install Zip From Sd Card option.
- Select Choose Zip From SD Card option.
- Now select the ROM downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the installation and wait till the rom is installed on you handset
- flash these gapps (Google applications – 20121011) -they NEED to be flashed after every ROM flash
Switch to our mobile site