Well the Jellybean Cyanogenmod 10 nightlies are in full swing for the OneX.The HTC OneX which was based on Android OS, v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), although it is upgradable to v4.1.1.Yet, using stock 4.1.1 and Cyanogenmod 10 is way different. Cyanogenmod is one of the best Custom ROMs out there and to get an official CM10 build, well every day, is a matter of great joy indeed.There have been about 5 nightlies in the past week and there’s no stopping.So, what are you waiting for?Go ahead and flash these on you OneX.Here are the issues, whats working, changelog and flashing instructions.
Issues: (as of 2.12.12) via the original thread
- Occasional soft-reboots with GPS On + Facebook ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…postcount=2184 )
- WiFi direct doesnt work, so disabled in rom
- MHL output is rotated incorrectly to portrait in horizontal mode (but workaround added since alpha 8 for hw decoded videos/youtube. Use bsplayer from playstore, almost all videos play with it in correct rotation in hwoverlay)
- No FM radio app in ROM. But Spirit FM works from market (it’s commercial!)
- Some paid apps loses settings/acconts due to this android jellybean problem: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=34880 Solution is to backup with Titanium Backup and restore to internal memory, not to sd
- You tell
Mostly everything else, including games (touchscreen), camera/camcorder
- The changelogs can be found here.
First and foremost, download the following
- First time flashing CM 10 to your HTC OneX (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock your device and install Clockwork Recovery
2. [Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM.
3. Now from recovery main menu and select Wipe Data option.Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
4. Now flash this android 4.1.1 jellybean based cyanogenmod 10 rom using clockwork mod recovery. Follow these steps :
- Choose Install Zip From Sd Card option.
- Select Choose Zip From SD Card option.
- Now select the ROM downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the installation and wait till the rom is installed on you handset
5. Optionally install the Google Addon
6. Download boot.img as well.
7. boot into boot loader (adb reboot bootloader). Use fastboot and ‘fastboot flash boot boot.img’ through usb to have the correct kernel/boot image. Otherwise it won’t work/boot.
8. ‘fastboot erase cache’ is recommended if you have booting issues
9. anti Wifi drain advice: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…postcount=1490
10., Interactive (default CPU governor) is recommended, best suited by the power hal module we add to the ROM