After explorer came into the market really very few custom roms where out there. Its good specs were overshadowed by less number of users .JaggyRom was the first to greet the explorer. And why would you prefer this rom ? Cause it has every feature of the phone working and is the most widely famous rom for htc explorer.JaggyRom is based has android 2.3.5 and sense 3.5 UI .JaggyRom is by jaggyjags a senior member at xda.You can see its screenshots below, followed by a feature list, change log,download and install instructions.
[Gallery not found]
It can be said the most complete and stable rom for htc explorer out there. Its other features are as follows -
- Kernel by yannou90.
- Ext-2,3,4 partition support.
- task killer tweak for speed
- Apps2sd enabled
- BusyBox installed
- Booting HTC Sound dissabled
- Dalvic-cache to SD enabled
- Zipaligned to optimize Ram usage at every boot.
- +135mb free internal memory at startup.
- “ES file explorer”, “Easyinstaller” and “A2SDGUI” preinstalled.
- Dissabled scrolling cache.
- Blue theme with scrolling glow.
- CRT on/off animation.
- Advanced quick settings.
- Swipe to remove notifications.
Change log of version 3
- Fixed CRT issue (sometimes rebooting after a call)
- Added advanced quick settings
- Added Adrenaline engine!
Increase touchscreen sensitivity
✔ Less RAM usage through zipalign. | World first smart zipaligning
✔ Reduced /dbdata, /data, /sdcard usage of *.db files and faster database access. | World first smart sqlite optimizing
✔ Faster disk access through remount script (noatime, disabled barrier etc) | World first smart remounting
✔ Better network throughput from TCP tweaks and 3G tweaks
✔ Tons of prop tweaks
✔ Overall Better Performance and Battery Life
✔ Less lags through LMK Tweak and Various VM Tweaks
✔ Faster SDCARD Read/Write Speed
✔ Bypass website like thepiratebay.se
- Added Bravia and Xloud engline.
Bravia engine: Improve screen quality of the display (You’ll see improvements when you view a photo, watch movies, play games
Xloud engine: will make the volume more louder, sound quality is crispier and very clear than stock, and bass issues from stock will be fixed
-Blue Theme (system, dialer, keyboard, etc…)
IMPORTANT: you need recovery by yannou90 with ext support to use this rom, please follow step 3 from this tutorial (or 1 to 3 if you have not rooted your phone yet).
1. Backup your existing ROM first (steps a to e):
a. Reboot into Recovery menu.
b. Select “Backup and Restore”
c. Select the “Backup” option (don’t remember the exact text)
d. When done, select the Reboot System option
e Connect phone to PC using data cable and copy the folder clockworkmod from the sdcard to somewhere on your PC in case its needed for restoring later.
2. Prepare your SD card, using MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition,
a. move all existing data on the SD Card to your PC and delete all files from it. RESIZE your existing FAT32 partition to a size where your unallocated space is at least 1GB but not more than 2GB.
b. Create a new ext4 Primary partition using all the unallocated space.
c. Apply changes
[I've written RESIZE in CAPS because when I tried deleting and creating the FAT32 and ext4, my phone didn't recognize the formatting as valid. So I allowed the phone to reformat the sd card and then did it using resize FAT32 instead]
3.Download the latest version of JaggyRom from here. [GoogleApps included]
- Copy the latest version of JaggyROM.zip to the sdcard root. Don’t place in any folder. Rename it to update.zip
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” option. Note that this option is present in the Recovery menu and is not the “Factory Reset” option available outside of Recovery menu.
- Select “Install zip from SD Card” and “Apply /sdcard/update.zip” and confirm.
- Once done, select “reboot system”
First boot takes a little longer than expected so be patient and don’t try to reset the device. The JaggyROM boot screen will show up: amuse yourself with the animation and refrain from touching the device Once booted up, let it sit a while longer to stabilize before unlocking the screen.And Enjoy !